Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Anyone's PAL - Posture, Arm, Legs

The breathing article I posted lasted month has been very active in terms of comments and views. We all like to look for something to improve on in the off-season, so topics like this can be interesting as we all try to put ourselves on the field as competent athletes. We'll along these lines I've been wondering about running technique in general.

In my search for information, I've found quite a few references to PAL System (Posture, Arms, Legs). This system was created about 30 years ago by Vern Gambetta in his book:

Sport Specific Speed Book: Improve Running Mechanics

I haven't made the leap yet to buy the book, and wanted to query if anyone has read the book and if it has value. That or any other good sources that might help us all.

PJ

0 comments: