Wednesday, May 06, 2009

In the faith of Twitter - Barca beats Chelsea

Based on my last post, I'm trying to make blog-twitter with only a 140 character message. That goal will fail due to a few pints, and my opinions on the walk home. This entire post is based on "no excuse" Ultimate and play for the sake of the game.

On my walk home, about 30 minutes, I went into Chelsea country, and heard the drunken cry of...
but what about that foul, but what about that penalty, but what about ...

Cheeky ;)

Oh the excuses, for a game that was won based on two, in the flow of the game, goals. That and a first leg miracle 0-0 draw. And yet, when your teams loses it becomes personal. Ultimate tends to sit in a different world. We submit to the concept that sometimes the opponent is just better on a given day (even if that day is 365 days a year). There's no shame on winning or losing. If anything, that's what I would like to see in Ultimate in the future. If not, we can make another new sport ;)

PJ

3 comments:

Criket said...

so true.

in our society, we need to find a responsible and if it is not ourself we love it.

that is 1 of the many reasons I love Ultimate !

ivar @ ultipedia.org said...

DUUUUUDE ! One cultural aspect associated with sports popular enough to have large broadcast audiences (at least football/soccer) is the strict taboo on spoiling matches. Many people now have PVRs or download footage of sports off the 'net, and knowing the outcome detracts immeasurably from the enjoyment of watching a match. I'm just glad that I'd already watched barca v chelsea, or I'd be a disappointed at having being spoiled by an Ultimate blog.

Peter Andrew Jamieson said...

Apologies...

and now I have a better understanding of the evil side.