Thursday, May 28, 2009

Poll Thursday - Are you going to pay for Ultimate Pay-per-View?

Last week I asked about the future of mainstream media and Ultimate. From the looks of the results, people believe we're a way off (with a significant number in the the never category). I tend to agree that Ultimate and the Internet are perfect partners. Mainly because I'm guessing will be a niche sport, which can leverage the Internet as a medium for those of us all around the world.

This week the focus is on pay-per-view coverage of Ultimate events. Based on my post this wee, I was wondering if we're ready for pay-per-view feeds from big Ultimate events. And so I leave these two questions to you:

  1. Are you willing to pay to see Ultimate events live?
  2. If yes, which events would you pay for?
Polls right.

PJ

2 comments:

Gambler said...

People have already shown they're willing to pay to see ultimate video after the fact on Rob's UVTV, so it makes sense that people would also be willing to pay to see ultimate live.

AMW said...

I paid to see the UV live streaming WUGC finals last summer. It was totally worth it, and I would have paid even more than I did (I forget what the subscription cost, but I remember it being very reasonable). I have *not* paid for any DVDs or subscriptions after the events, and probably wouldn't unless I were playing in the event myself - having the live option makes it much more exciting and marketable to fans, IMO.